KAIZEN™ Award Singapore
Top organisations are awarded for the outstanding implementation of KAIZEN™ principles and practices.
Kaizen Institute Singapore is pleased to announce the KAIZEN™ Award Singapore 1st Edition to recognize superior KAIZEN™ and Lean organizations. Top organizations will be awarded for their outstanding, innovative and effective implementation of KAIZEN™ principles and practices.
Excellence in Applying KAIZEN™ Principles
Participation in the KAIZEN™ Award Singapore is open to any organisation, public or private, large, medium and small companies with a presence in Singapore, from any sector. The evaluation is based on observations made by senior consultants and/or external specialists, at the customer’s premises, evaluating the application of the five KAIZEN™ principles:
|#||KAIZEN™ Principle||Application Example|
|1||Create customer value||a) The organisation knows the customer needs by market segment.|
b) The organisation is dedicated to quality and to fulfil customer expectations.
|2||Let it flow||a) Leaders know how to design, create, manage and improve processes.|
b) Staff members understand the concepts of muda (waste), mura (variability) and muri (difficulty).
|3||Be gemba oriented||a) The workplace is organised for efficiency, visual management is used to make waste, standards and behaviors visible.|
b) Leaders go to the place of work to understand problems first hand.
|4||Empower people||a) Business objectives are deployed (cascaded) throughout the organisation.|
b) All leaders share KAIZEN™ skills and role-model a KAIZEN™ mindset as they develop their teams.
|5||Be scientific and transparent||a) Management decisions are based on the long-term vision.|
b) Decision-making and problem-solving is based on real data from gemba (gemba gembutsu).
Besides scrutinizing the robustness of the five KAIZEN™ principles, the ‘Benefits tracking’ section evaluates what the organisation has put in place to ensure employees know where the organisation is heading, how they have progressed, and how customers and the organisation is benefitting from the KAIZEN™ efforts.
Please complete and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15 June 2023. Nomination Guidelines:
- Submitted projects shall not be older than 3-5 years
- Candidates’ projects may already have been recognized by other awards (not awarded by Kaizen Institute).
- Additional information about the project may be submitted (e.g., indicators, photos, movies, etc.).
Evaluations of Nominations
The evaluation committee is composed of Kaizen Institute and partners.
- The initial analysis of the application will be based on the submitted application form. For applications that pass the second phase, a visit to the company will be made. The criteria for the evaluation process integrate various items such as the implemented actions, continuous improvement methodology and results.
- The evaluation committee will choose the winners. The committee reserves the right to abstain from awarding any prizes if none of the applications meet the minimum quality requirements. The decisions of the evaluation committee are final and cannot be appealed.
Timeline KAIZEN™ Award Singapore 2023
Applications deadline, 15 June 2023
First evaluation of the applications, by 1 July 2023
Site visits, by 1 August 2023
Presentation of the award winner, September 2023
The KAIZEN™ Award Singapore 1st Edition will take place in September 2023. More information about the event will be published well in advance. For more information please contact us at: email@example.com
Award Recipients 2023
The recipients of the KAIZEN™ Award Singapore 2023 will be announced in September.
If you have any questions regarding the award procedure or the event please contact:
Kaizen Institute Singapore
50 Raffles Place, #37-00
Singapore Land Tower
Phone: +65 6829 7015
Objectives of the KAIZEN™ Awards
Recognize organisations taking the lead in implementing KAIZEN™.
Drive Continuous Improvement efforts.
Inspire change among industry leaders.