KAIZEN™ Award Finland
Top organizations are awarded for the outstanding implementation of KAIZEN™ principles and practices.
Kaizen Institute Finland is pleased to announce the KAIZEN™ Award Finland 2nd Edition to recognize superior KAIZEN™ and Lean organizations. Top organizations will be awarded for their outstanding, innovative and effective implementation of KAIZEN™ principles and practices.
Excellence in Applying KAIZEN™ Principles
Participation in the KAIZEN™ Award Finland is open to any organization, public or private, large, medium and small companies with a presence in Finland, from any sector. The evaluation is based on observations made by senior consultants and/or external specialists, at the customer’s premises, evaluating the application of the five KAIZEN™ principles:
|Create customer value
|a) The organization knows the customer needs by market segment.
b) The organization is dedicated to quality and to fulfil customer expectations.
|Let it flow
|a) Leaders know how to design, create, manage and improve processes.
b) Staff members understand the concepts of muda (waste), mura (variability) and muri (difficulty).
|Be gemba oriented
|a) The workplace is organized for efficiency, visual management is used to make waste, standards and behaviors visible.
b) Leaders go to the place of work to understand problems first hand.
|a) Business objectives are deployed (cascaded) throughout the organization.
b) All leaders share KAIZEN™ skills and role-model a KAIZEN™ mindset as they develop their teams.
|Be scientific and transparent
|a) Management decisions are based on the long-term vision.
b) Decision-making and problem-solving is based on real data from gemba (gemba gembutsu).
Besides scrutinizing the robustness of the five KAIZEN™ principles, the ‘Benefits tracking’ section evaluates what the organization has put in place to ensure employees know where the organization is heading, how they have progressed, and how customers and the organization is benefitting from the KAIZEN™ efforts.
Please complete and send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30 June 2024. Nomination Guideline:
- Submitted projects shall not be older than two years.
- Candidates’ projects may already have been recognized by other awards (not awarded by Kaizen Institute).
- Additional information about the project may be submitted (e.g. indicators, photos, movies, etc.
Evaluations of Nominations
The evaluation committee is composed of Kaizen Institute and partners.
- The initial analysis of the application will be based on the submitted application form. For applications that pass the second phase, a visit to the company will be made. The criteria for the evaluation process integrate various items such as the implemented actions, continuous improvement methodology and results.
- The evaluation committee will choose the winners. The committee reserves the right to abstain from awarding any prizes if none of the applications meet the minimum quality requirements. The decisions of the evaluation committee are final and cannot be appealed.
Timeline KAIZEN™ Award Finland 2024
Applications deadline, by 30 June 2024
First evaluation of the applications, by 15 August 2024
Site visits, by 30 October 2024
Presentation of the award winner, 2nd of November 2024
Award Recipients 2023
Category – Excellence in Applying KAIZEN™ Principles
1st Place: Brand ID
2nd Place: Favorit Tuote Oy
Objectives of the KAIZEN™ Awards
Recognize organizations taking the lead in implementing KAIZEN™.
Drive Continuous Improvement efforts.
Inspire change among industry leaders.
Brand ID awarded 1st Place at the KAIZEN™ Award Finland 2023. Category: Excellence in Applying KAIZEN™ Principles
Favorit Tuote Oy awarded 2nd Place at the KAIZEN™ Award Finland 2023. Category: Excellence in Applying KAIZEN™ Principles